Dining Room Chairs Makeover

I will be the first to admit, I can be quite the procrastinator sometimes. I have had the fabric for my dining room chairs sitting around for probably 2 months now. This past weekend I finally recovered them. And by I, I mean my dad. Yes, I like him to do all my handy work and he is an expert at recovering chairs. He gets the fabric perfectly tight and lined up everytime. Nothing was wrong with the fabric before, I actually like it, I just was ready for a change to brighten up our dining room.

BEFORE

THE FABRIC

AFTER

Here are a few other pics from the dining room.

My Beloved Wine Rack. My goal is for this baby to always be fully stocked. Above it you may notice the painting I did a few months back.

Last is Matt’s favorite area and one of the reasons he was so set on buying this house, the Elusive Wet Bar. I am not allowed in this area. He says it is his personal space and I can’t decorate it. Please notice his marathon medal hanging from the ice fridge and the giant cannon ball on the counter, drives me nuts but I leave it alone! The man needs his space!

1. April 28, 2011 / 11:46 am

thsoe chair chairs look great!xo happy thursday!

2. April 28, 2011 / 11:57 am

I love looking at pic's of everyones house, yours is beautiful!! I love the new fabric for your chairs. I have had about 4 yards of fabric in my closet that I have been wanting to recover my dining room chairs with, send your dad to my house!!

3. April 28, 2011 / 12:20 pm

Dig that fabric. You did a great job!
    I cracked up over the "elusive wet bar man zone"!!

4. April 28, 2011 / 2:20 pm

You did an awesome job! I'm loving the fabric you chose for the chairs. It's amazing how changing the fabric can make such an impact on the overall look of the room!

5. April 28, 2011 / 3:13 pm

Oooo that fabric is great! Definitely adds a lot of great style to the set. Great job! 🙂

6. April 28, 2011 / 4:53 pm

They turned out fantastic! It adds just the right amount of pattern to the space (c: And while I understand that the menfolk need their own space in the house, why can't they at least take some cues from their stylish women and at least *TRY* a little??? (c: Don't worry, I have the same issue with the hubbs and his "areas"…*SO* off limits…(c;

7. April 28, 2011 / 8:04 pm

Great pieces! Love the fabric you picked!

8. April 28, 2011 / 9:23 pm

Looks awesome!! I just got done recovering my chairs in my dining room too! So awesome that your dad can do that for you? Can I borrow him for a couple hours? 🙂

9. April 29, 2011 / 5:11 am

Love the fabric– such a good pop in the room! And if you're interested in keeping the wine stocked, check out Cooper Vineyards (Va)..my friend's dad owns it and we did a wine tasting a few weekends ago and I loved a lot of their wines!