Bargain Shopper

Since I am no longer working we are on a tight budget in the Mason Household. But I am a shopper at heart, it’s in my blood. There is nothing that thrills me more than finding a good bargain. Even back when I was working and money wasn’t so tight, I still loved scouring consignment stores, TJMAXX, and HomeGoods looking for deals. I thought I would share a few of my recent finds I scored at great prices!

GARDEN STOOL
I have been wanting one of these forever. My mom found this beauty at HomeGoods for $59.99. Can you believe it? We saw the same one in the Horchow catalog for $350.

ZEBRA SERVING TRAY
You all know I love me some Zebra (well, really I love all animal prints). So when I saw this tray at TJMAXX for $14.99, I knew I had to have it.

VINTAGE BOTANICAL SERVING BOWL AND PLATTER
I found these two beauties at Goodwill. $9 a piece. The gold detailing is amazing. I have an obsession with old Botanical Serving pieces, which is funny because I am pretty modern in my tastes otherwise.

LAMP
Another TJMAXX find. I saw a lamp identical to this at GDC Home for $400.

VINTAGE ANIMAL PRINTS
Another treat my mom found at a consignment store. There are 12 prints and she paid like $12. I am going to frame 6 of them to hang in a group in Sterling’s nursery. I am envisioning them with a white mat and skinny simple frame. I think they will look great on his Chocolate walls. They came enclosed in this cute binder too.

Do ya’ll love finding a bargain as much as me? What have you found lately?

1. March 31, 2011 / 12:34 pm

great finds! I especially LOVE the animal prints. They're going to look so great in Sterling's room!

2. March 31, 2011 / 12:42 pm

well, since today Scarlett is in "school" i will be hitting up homegoods, I hope I am as lucky as you:)

3. March 31, 2011 / 1:09 pm

Oh I LOVE good bargain too! I get it from my mama .. who is the QUEEN … mostly because she has A LOT more patience than I do! 🙂

I found my sister some awesome Anthro disheware at Salvation Army not too long ago! For like 75cent each! 🙂

Lauren @ tickled.

4. March 31, 2011 / 1:12 pm

wow i love bargains! how fabulous for you dear! happy thursday pretty girl!

5. March 31, 2011 / 1:20 pm

You know I love me a good bargain! Also have only one income coming into my house hold so I know what it's like to have to really look for some good deals! I love your finds!!! That garden stool is outstanding!!!

6. March 31, 2011 / 1:56 pm

Ahh love the garden stool! I've been dying to buy one, but I am not spending $100 on one. Just cant' do it. I am allll about bargain shopping! 🙂

7. March 31, 2011 / 2:06 pm

Total scores! I am beyond impressed. I love the prints! That stool is fab and I also am a fan of vintage botanical serving pieces. Not sure why. But they are so darn charming.

8. March 31, 2011 / 2:21 pm

Amazing finds & so inspiring for me to get on it with some bargain shopping! The animal prints are adorable!

9. March 31, 2011 / 2:35 pm

CUTE prints!! I found a darling print at Hobby Lobby for my son's room for $4.50 and then had it framed and matted for $29. A steal!

10. March 31, 2011 / 2:37 pm

Great finds! I love scouring TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods for deals. They never disappoint 🙂

11. March 31, 2011 / 3:03 pm

I am *so* loving the animal prints, that is a stroke of genius for Sterling's room! And those vintage botanicals??? So gorgeous…it's totally true, you just can't beat the feeling of a great deal! Does that sound like I'm a shopping addict? 'Cause I'm totally not. I already went to rehab…(c:

12. March 31, 2011 / 3:53 pm

We are so in the same boat in this household. I found a cowhide rug at World Market this weekend for $168 with my 25% off coupon! I couldn't turn down such a steal 🙂

13. March 31, 2011 / 4:00 pm

Woww great finds! I'll be off to Homegood this weekend in search for that garden stool. Thanks for sharing Natalie!

14. March 31, 2011 / 6:55 pm

shopping is in my heart too!! i LOVE that botanical serving platter and the lamp..good finds!

15. April 1, 2011 / 12:50 am

I have Goodwill and the Thrift Store on my list for tomorrow so now you've inspired me even more to go! I found a great Lilly dress a few weeks ago-needs altering but for $4, I'll take it! Have also found some adorable Kelly's Kids for my lil man too…

16. April 1, 2011 / 1:50 am

Great finds, love the animal prints!!

17. April 1, 2011 / 3:33 am

Finding gems at the marshalls/tj maxx's is the biggest thrill!!! great scores for you!

18. April 1, 2011 / 11:05 am

great finds! yes, i totally get excited when i find a good bargain. tj maxx and homegoods are two of my favorite stores!

19. April 3, 2011 / 8:06 pm

Love all your bargain finds! Just went to Marshall's yesterday and found some great bargains! Why pay full price when you get get the same thing for less?? 🙂

20. April 4, 2011 / 1:08 am

I love finding a good bargain!! LOVE your zebra tray! I just scored a new zebra rug for our family room. I love animal prints! Actually love everything you found! Great job! 🙂