Bacon-Olive Cheese Bread

This appetizer is amazeballs. Enough said, right? My parents have been making this recipe for years at all their holiday parties. It is easy and delish. A definite crowd pleaser. Do yourself and your guests a favor and make this tasty dish.

OLIVE-BACON CHEESE BREAD

-1 PACKAGE COCKTAIL RYE OR PUMPERNICKEL BREAD (THIS BREAD IS SUPER TINY)
-2 CUPS SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE
-1 CUP MAYONNAISE
-1 CAN SLICED BLACK OLIVES
-4 GREEN ONIONS SLICED
-1 LB BACON COOKED AND CRUMBLED

IN A FOOD PROCESSOR BLEND: CHEESE, MAYO, OLIVES AND GREEN ONIONS. LAY BREAD SLICES ON A BAKING SHEET AND SPREAD WITH OLIVE CHEESE MIXTURE. SPRINKLE BACON OVER THE TOP OF EACH SLICE. BAKE AT 350 DEGREES ABOUT 10-15 MINUTES UNTIL CHEESE IS BROWNED SLIGHTLY AND BUBBLY.

1. March 23, 2011 / 12:03 pm

OMG… excuse me while I wipe the drool from my mouth.

2. March 23, 2011 / 12:57 pm

I am having guests in town this weekend and will have to try them out. Thanks!

3. March 23, 2011 / 1:02 pm

Yum. I think this sounds divine. I love olives.

4. March 23, 2011 / 4:08 pm

Wow! That is the perfect combination of all my favorite things! Thanks for the recipe!

5. March 23, 2011 / 5:17 pm

My husband's mantra is everything is better with bacon… i'll definitely be trying this one!!!

6. March 23, 2011 / 5:28 pm

Hi. I'm a stylist in LA and I'm totally obsessed with your blog. I'd love if you visited my new blog for multiple posts a day on all things fashion. I just moved to California after graduating back in south with a degree in visual merchandiser. In attempt to get my heel in the door, I've launched a site all about celebrity fashion and the trends that create it. Check out what Brad, Rachel Zoe's former associate shared with me and find out my latest trend report. I'd love the support. I'm following you, I hope you'll do the same. Thanks so much.

And don't forget to follow on Twitter for all the latest celebrity fashion news, from an LA stylist.

7. March 23, 2011 / 9:59 pm

I like the idea of cutting these into bite sized pieces, too…totally saving this one. Thank you! Nothing is better than an old family recipe.

8. March 23, 2011 / 11:37 pm

That looks so good!

9. March 24, 2011 / 6:01 am

This looks SOOOO good…and SOOOO cheesy! Ugh…Easter will not come fast enough! This will be one of the first things to try! 🙂

10. March 24, 2011 / 4:23 pm

Seriously? All of your recipes look so grub! I will totally be making these soon.