Art Work by Yours Truly

I finally did it. I completed one of my New Year’s Resolutions and I painted an abstract painting. I had so much fun painting I might make this a regular occurrence. I already have requests from my mom and sister for paintings for their homes. I present to you the first original piece of artwork by NDM.

This photo was my inspiration. It was from Joel McHale’s (the Talk Soup Guy) House that was featured in InStyle. I loved everything about this room in his house, but the artwork especially caught my eye. I think mine comes pretty close, right?

1. February 25, 2011 / 12:34 pm

wow!! great job, I love it… it looks great!!

And I am a big fan of Joel, so I would copy anything of his too:)

2. February 25, 2011 / 12:55 pm

Natali are you kidding me?? That's is soo good! Put me in the list too 😉

Seriously though, nice job.

3. February 25, 2011 / 1:02 pm

Wow! I am impressed!! Awesome job!! It looks fantastic!!!!

4. February 25, 2011 / 1:09 pm

It looks amazing! I saw Joel's house in InStyle way back when and his wife did such an amazing job in every room.

5. February 25, 2011 / 1:49 pm

Girl you rock!!!! I saw this baby in person last night, and it's even more perfect in person!!!!

6. February 25, 2011 / 2:12 pm

That looks so great! How about a tutorial when you do your next piece?

7. February 25, 2011 / 3:09 pm

Great job!! And neutral colors so you can move it all over your house to change it up 🙂

8. February 25, 2011 / 6:26 pm

you rock! it looks great!

9. February 25, 2011 / 6:37 pm

Natalie! It's awesome. You're so good! It looks so close to the inspiration piece that I thought it actually was hanging over YOUR fireplace or something.

Happy weekend!

10. February 25, 2011 / 6:46 pm

You are amazing! Love it!

11. February 25, 2011 / 8:33 pm

That's great! It looks like you bought it. It is amazing what you can do if you just attempt it. I finally took the plunge and painted our dining room table & recovered the chairs. It looks like it came from a store. Don't you just love that feeling?

12. February 26, 2011 / 1:04 pm

That is beautiful! It is so nice and relaxing to just sit and do some artwork every once in a while, isn't it?!

13. February 26, 2011 / 4:27 pm

Love it! That's really impressive! I just helped out with a class project at W's preschool. They each painted canvases, and I helped put their handprints on each of their final pieces. I'll post W's soon. I didn't realize canvases were so cheap at Michael's. I may have to try and paint one too sometime. Thanks for the inspiration!

Also, I have three printed canvases with black and white photos of the girls. I'm hoping to add them to a wall in our den, along with W and E's canvases of their artwork they create (with paint colors of my choosing, of course). 🙂

14. February 26, 2011 / 11:35 pm

It looks amazing! I really couldn't tell the difference! Great job!

15. February 27, 2011 / 2:28 am

It looks awesome! Great job! And I love me some Joel McHale! 🙂

16. February 27, 2011 / 3:14 am

That is beautiful! You are so talented; it looks so much like your inspiration! We love your blog too! 🙂