Proud

My husband just ran his first marathon today and I couldn’t be more proud of him! He ran it in less than 4.5 hours. I am so impressed with all the hard training he did to achieve this goal of his. I wish I had it in me to want to run a marathon but I honestly have no desire. I was however happy to cheer him on and enjoy some beers at the party afterwards. Congrats to Matt for completing his first marathon!

My man in action, these were taken during the last mile of the race.

Photo-Op Afterwards

**Afterwards Matt said, this was his first and last marathon:)**

1. January 15, 2011 / 10:42 pm

Congrats to your hubby! He must have ran the Charleston marathon then… He must be so happy and tired! it really is an amazing feeling! 🙂 have a great weekend!

2. January 15, 2011 / 11:06 pm

Hooray! That is awesome! And it was so cold too!

3. January 15, 2011 / 11:37 pm

Congrats to Matt! It's an amazing accomplishment. 26.2 miles – it boggles my mind. You are so awesome to cheer him on.

PS I said the same thing he did after my first marathon….just wait, he will start itching to run another one soon enough.

4. January 16, 2011 / 12:12 am

Way to go Matt!!!! So proud of you! I hear you girl, I do not like to run! Totally not my thing!

5. January 16, 2011 / 12:31 am

Wow! What an awesome accomplishment! Running a marathon used to sound like a fun to me, until my friend sent me the training schedule for a half-marthon to get me started and I quickly changed my mind! Marathon's are tough to get ready for! So major props to your hubby for doing such a great job!

6. January 16, 2011 / 2:08 am

So proud of him! Go Matt! Hopefully he doctored up those nasty blisters and poured himself a goose!

7. January 16, 2011 / 1:12 pm

That is awesome!! What a huge accomplishment! Hope he isn't too sore today…..

8. January 16, 2011 / 2:06 pm

That is so great. I hate running… been known to drive to the mailbox.. hee hee. Someday I will be in that good of shape… sigh. Love your blue scarf. xo

9. January 16, 2011 / 6:37 pm

That is super impressive! I'm with you…26 miles does not sound like a ball of fun to me!! 🙂

10. January 17, 2011 / 5:25 am

I cannot even imagine running for that long! I don't even SHOP that long- usually. 😉 Way to go Matt!!

11. January 17, 2011 / 6:45 pm

Congrats to Matt! I am looking foward to running ma own marathon in March! I love that your hubbie keeps up with his running while still being a lovely father…*ahem* Daddy! *smile*
    Stay Blessed..