Modern Glamour

I was lucky enough to get the Kelly Wearstler book, Modern Glamour The Art of Unexpected Style for Christmas.

It is truly a beautiful coffee table book. I have finally had some downtime since the holidays and I have been reading it. It is a fabulous design book, I am definitely going to have to buy her other books. She is such a style icon and I like her even more now that I know she grew up in Myrtle Beach, SC. I adore a Southerner with great taste. I highly recommend this book if you love interior design!
Some of my favorite rooms she designed and featured in her book were at the VICEROY Hotels.

I love how she combines unexpected pops of color with patterns and modern furniture. Now I just need to get Matt to take me to one of these hotels! I am voting for the Viceroy in Anguilla. It looks amazing and who doesn’t love a tropical getaway! Although at $895 a night I don’t think it will be happening anytime soon.

1. January 4, 2011 / 10:22 pm

I did a post about her awhile ago too. I LOVE her design sense. She is so fashionable and fun in real life too. 😉

2. January 5, 2011 / 4:31 am

why on EARTH did top design never come back on??? i loved seeing her outfits every week. even that crazy devo-esque hat that she wore one episode.

3. January 5, 2011 / 3:10 pm

Oh she is amazing, I love her!!

You're right about the Kate Spade bag, it is more of a "weekender" then something you would tote around everyday, it's huge. You can never go wrong with Louie

4. January 5, 2011 / 3:57 pm

Love her, she is an amazing talent. Thanks so much for stopping by Inspired Design… I am now following you. Your baby boy is beautiful… I miss having little ones, (mine are teens). Being a stay at home Mom is the hardest but most rewarding job one can have, don't you think? xo

5. January 5, 2011 / 5:10 pm

Wow! Her work is truly incredible – I love all the green & blues she used in the hotel.
    btw – my son doesn't nap for too long either and it's soooo challenging, I usually have to do things after he goes to sleep for the night.

6. January 6, 2011 / 5:46 am

It looks magical!! How cool is that headboard?! Love.