11 Months, I Think He is Mine!

Our sweet baby is 11 months old this weekend! Yes, that is right less than one month until he turns one! I can’t believe it! Birthday party planning is well under way. From the moment Sterling was born everyone said “wow, he looks exactly like Matt.” Even now when I am out shopping sometimes strangers will stop me and say”He must look like his daddy because he sure doesn’t look like you.” I don’t know why this bothers me, but it does. I think Matt is the most handsome man I have ever laid eyes, so of course I want my son to look exactly like him. But sometimes I want to hear, “Sterling looks just like you”. As he enters into his 11 month of life he is now starting to resemble me a little bit, and exhibit some signs that show he is most definitely my son. Here are just a few tell-tell signs that this baby boy is just like his mama!

He loves the phone and is obsessed with a Blackberry.

He likes to read the latest gossip and style magazines

He loves to shop

He is a back sleeper

He loves browsing/playing in my closet

He has a strong affinity for jewelry

He loves a bath and has no modesty issues

Yes, wheter he looks like me or not, I think he takes after me! Happy 11 months to the most beautiful baby in the world. I love you more each day that passes. You make me whole and give my life a new meaning.

1. January 16, 2011 / 5:23 pm

Happy 11 months! I'm not just saying this, I see you too.
    And I know the feeling, Lilly looks nothing like me either!

2. January 16, 2011 / 5:51 pm

My sweet Sterling!!! Can't believe that beautiful baby will be 1 in a month!!! Listen if anyone can relate it's me, hello Carson looks like Todds clone! That's OK though at least we have hotties for husbands 🙂

3. January 16, 2011 / 6:21 pm

Happy 11 months Sterling! His is just so adorable!!!!

4. January 16, 2011 / 6:47 pm

Happy 11 months! And for the record, I have ALWAYS said he looks like you!

5. January 16, 2011 / 8:18 pm

he's sooo cute!

congrats, i passed on the STYLISH blogger award to you!

6. January 16, 2011 / 9:07 pm

Ah!! So cute! I adore his smile. You're so blessed!!

7. January 16, 2011 / 9:15 pm

Happy 11 months to Sterling! I've been reading your blog for a couple of months now and I can honestly say that aside from his hair I thought he looks so much like you. Your nose and eyes are just the same!

8. January 16, 2011 / 11:55 pm

SO CUTE! And I love your rug he is sitting on hehe!

9. January 17, 2011 / 12:47 am

awww. so sweet and cute! Both of my twins sleep with their hands above their heads too!

10. January 17, 2011 / 12:56 am

awwww such a sweet post. i think he looks like you!! i really do! and i would totally be hurt if people said that stuff to be too. either way, he is a beautiful baby boy and you are blessed. you are seriously my hero mom, balancing baby & wine. i just told amanda that the other day. haha 🙂

11. January 17, 2011 / 3:56 am

11 months old! Time really flies. He is so adorable. This post melted my heart…makes me think that maaaaaybe I am a teeny tiny bit closer to being ready to be a mom.

12. January 17, 2011 / 3:59 am

i think he definitely has your eyes! Remy looks nothing like me either, he has blonde curly hair for christ's sake! He is just lovely. i loved this age. it just keeps getting better!

13. January 17, 2011 / 5:21 am

What an endearing post! I also get that so much, "he looks just like your husband" but I always say he's got my "sunshiney disposition"! He is seriously Adorable, whoever he looks like! And I can't believe he's all over the big tub- James is still in the little tiny baby tub! 🙂

14. January 17, 2011 / 4:07 pm

I was cleaning off my desk at home last night and found some baby pictures of you that we used to decorate for the shower last year. As I was looking at them I was thinking how much he looks like you as a baby!! The smile, the nose, and the eyes all look just like you! (Oh, and I have the pictures in my car to give to you next time I see you:)

15. January 17, 2011 / 6:26 pm

Awww! Cute post, ma! Happy 11 months to Sterling! Ma daughter doesn't really look like me either but O well *smile* I just love her and I still call her ma twin! heh heh heh!
    Stay Blessed..
    btw…HAPPY MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY!