Weekend Recap

This weekend my whole family and Matt’s came in town to celebrate Sterling’s baptism. We had a fabulous weekend. It was the first weekend we had really cold weather here. I couldn’t wait to dress Sterling in some of his winter outfits. How cute is this cable knit romper??

I tried to get some cute pictures of Sterling in his baptism outfit, but of course he wouldn’t smile or even look at the camera, this is the best shot I got. His bubble had crosses embroidered on it, hard to see in the picture but it was so beautiful!

Sterling did great during his baptism, he didn’t cry once. I was certain once that water touched his head he would start screaming, but he didn’t. I think he was so overwhelmed by all the people looking at him he didn’t know what to do! My sister snapped a few pictures of us during the service.

Afterwards he had a party at our house with delicious food, mimosas and bloody marys! Thanks to my family for helping make some food and to my sister for her amazing set-up skills! She and her hubby snuck out early to set the food up for the party. We all had a great afternoon.

My Family

Matt’s Family

Matt insisted on a family picture with his boat in the background:)

1. November 8, 2010 / 1:32 pm

Your family is beautiful and Sterling is beyond adorable!!! Looks like you had a wonderful weekend! I love what you served for the party! 🙂

2. November 8, 2010 / 2:24 pm

Y'all are such a cute family! Sterling is too adorable! I'm glad y'all had a great weekend!

3. November 8, 2010 / 3:20 pm

Many blessings to Sterling on his baptism! Van was baptized this last weekend too! I especially love the picture of the three of you in front of the church. Beautiful!

4. November 8, 2010 / 4:03 pm

I am a member of First Scot's too!! I'm sad I missed the baptism yesterday!

5. November 8, 2010 / 4:45 pm

Gorgeous family!! And what a good little boy- I've never been to a Baptism where there weren't at least a few tears shed! And is your hubby like mine- the first to change out of his suit??! And pass the mimosas!

6. November 16, 2010 / 8:55 pm

Okay, so it's a small world. I just saw these pics and realized that I know your sister! She's younger than I am, but we played on a flag football team a few years back, before the babies came along – and we have some mutual friends. I've got a good friend who knows Joey too. They are perfect for each other. I haven't seen them in forever. Hope they're doing well!